Every year we shut up shop for a day to review our past year’s activity in line with our corporate social responsibility commitments and plan for the year ahead. This year, our away day was hosted by Keech Hospice Care in Luton, our nominated charity for 2011/12, and facilitated by Goodthings, a CSR consultancy dedicated to aligning personal and organisational goals.
Here are some of the highlights:
- We started the day by building ourselves and Bonfire out of Lego! We were team building…literally.
- We turned £50 into £,1,192.00 for Keech Hospice Care following eight months of creative fundraising ideas, from designing and selling a font to a winter wonderland event for the local community. We won Keech’s Creative Fundraising Idea award for our approach to raising money.
- Over 180 team hours were donated to charitable causes and projects.
- We were 1 of 29 companies to receive a Platinum Award for our ongoing commitment to payroll giving..
- Our staff received £250 in matched sponsorship for charity.
- The majority of our invoices are now electronic.
- Our old office furniture was donated to NOAH (a charity dedicated to the homeless).
- We got into the Design Business Association’s PQQ Ready Directory (Pre Qualification Questionnaires are widely used by the public sector).
- Steve Judge was appointed a board director of SEMLEP (South East Midlands Local Enterprise Partnership).
- We donated £2,000.00 to Bedford Creative Arts, a local arts charity and became patrons to the Eastern Pavilions Arts initiative.
We decided as a team that we were going to continue our support of Keech Hospice Care and we’re planning lots of fun activities and volunteer work. Watch this space!
Once all of the hard work was completed, we thought we’d do some crazy stuff, like jumping off buildings and flying in a wind tunnel. It was all done in the safe environment of Body Flight in Bedford and it certainly sorted the men from the boys!